7/15/2021 By University Frames
30 Important Questions You Need to Ask a Potential College Roommate
If you are moving out of your parent’s house to start your college life, ending up with a roommate is almost inevitable. Most students living on university campuses need a roommate to split their rent or when they are living in the dorms.
Living with a stranger is not an easy task, and underestimating the importance of selecting the right roommate is not a good idea. While it is true that your college can assist you in roommate selection, there is no guarantee that such arrangements will work out in the long run. Getting to know a potential college roommate is an effective way to find a great match.
If you are not sure how to get started, here is a list of 30 questions that you should ask your potential college roommate:
- What are you majoring in?
- Why did you choose this university?
- Have you shared a space with others before?
- What qualities are you looking for in your roommate?
- Do you smoke/drink?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Do you wake up early or work late at night?
- What are your thoughts on inviting guests?
- Would you be away with your family on the weekends/holidays?
- What are your study preferences? For example, would you go to a different space, like a library, or would you stay in the room?
- Will your income level be sufficient to cover your part of the room rent and bills?
- If you become jobless for a while, how are you planning to cover your share of expenses?
- What are your thoughts on sharing daily chores?
- At what temperature would you prefer the room’s thermostat to be?
- Will you be working from home while completing your college degree?
- If we disagree on something, how do you plan to resolve the conflict?
- How frequently do you plan to take time off from work/college?
- Have you ever failed to pay the rent or bills on time?
- Would you be interested in occasional group studies?
- Would there be any problem if I bring over some friends to stay overnight?
- Are you planning to join any organizations or clubs on campus?
- What do you usually do to keep the room clean and hygienic?
- Do you have any allergies or illnesses that I should be aware of?
- What curriculums were you involved in during high school?
- Will you bring your car to campus?
- What are your favorite TV shows, series, movies, or bands?
- What do you usually do in your free time?
- Do you consider yourself to be an extrovert or introvert?
- What sports do you play?
- Are there any rules to establish before moving in?
These are some of the important questions that you can ask a potential college roommate before committing to living with them. Compatibility between college roommates is essential for a positive college experience. Asking these questions will help you get to know your potential roommate and determine whether you will be able to spend your college year in a shared space with them.
Are you looking for the perfect frame for your diploma certificate? At University Frames, we offer a wide selection of expertly crafted diploma frames to display your achievement with pride for years to come. Get your customized frame today!